We at Fusion Bodyworks PDX are committed to our community health.
Outlined below is our newly adopted protocol for keeping our clinic, practitioners, and clients safe. While we understand there is no way to ensure 100% exposure reduction to the COVID -19 virus, we do know there are many ways to mitigate that risk. We have adopted the guidelines issued by the Oregon Health Authority. We thought it might give you peace of mind to learn some of the steps (but not all, the list is long!) we are taking to protect our staff and patrons.
- Contact all clients prior to appointment and ask specific questions regarding their health and exposure risk to the virus. If they have any flagged symptoms, they are rescheduled before they enter the clinic.
- Have clients waiting for appointments in their car, or outside the clinic, to allow for 6 feet of distancing between clients. Your therapist will text you when they are walking down to the entrance of the building to escort you upstairs.
- Each client must wear a mask into the building. This mask will be off when receiving face down treatment on the table, then put back on when face up.
- Practitioners will have a mask on for the entire length of the appointment.
- Each client is escorted to the restrooms to wash their hands before entering the treatment space.
- We have switched to being a paperless office, so client intake forms will be done from your personal device prior to the appointment.
- Payment transactions are touchless. We ask clients not to use cash for payment at this time, if possible.
- All bedding, including blankets, are single-use.
- Practitioners will wear a clean smock or apron for each appointment.
- All surfaces will be disinfected, including door handles, massage tables, and tools between each service using EPA registered disinfectant.
These are some, but not all, of the precautions we are taking to stop the community spread of CoVid-19. The best scientists and doctors are still unsure, with such a new virus, just how the virus spreads and what measures will prevent the spread, and therefore we are taking all necessary and advisable precautions, and having our clients take all necessary precautions, but we simply can not guarantee that if you come to an appointment you will be 100% protected from the virus. If you are willing to abide by the protective measures, you are welcome to come to receive a massage with us. We look forward to being an important part of your self-care and wellness.